Dementia affects not only the mind. It can change one’s behavior, emotion and other aspects of their daily living. This does not, however, mean that you must let the condition define you. We at Coast Family Home Care believe that you can still live a meaningful and fulfilled life even when you live with dementia. We do this by providing in-home care with compassion and excellence.
Caring for people with dementia can be quite challenging, especially for the untrained. It can be physically, mentally and emotionally draining for families caring for their loved ones with dementia. Our highly experienced and dedicated caregivers will see to it that people with dementia get personalized, relationship-centered, compassionate dementia in-home care.
We do not merely provide care and support. We care with enduring patience, compassion, empathy and love. Our dementia care focuses on and includes the following:
- Helping with their memory loss;
- Respecting and honoring the seniors without letting dementia define them;
- Enhancing their strength and helping them build confidence;
- Building and maintaining a routine to prevent anxiety, agitation and other behavioral changes brought by dementia;
- Managing dementia-related behaviors and other changes associated with the condition;
- Promoting social interaction;
- Maintaining a safe and comfortable environment;
- Promoting cognitive engagement and stimulating the brain through various activities;
- Providing companionship, preventing depression and reducing feelings of loneliness;
- Helping them stay oriented and making them calm; and
- Providing personal care such as grooming, bathing, dressing and more.
Since there are many types of dementia, our caregivers are specially trained to provide personalized care and approach. We believe in the importance of being able to continue living at home for individuals with dementia. We believe in the importance of maintaining independence and self-confidence.
Home is where the heart is. It is a place of comfort and familiarity. Receiving dementia care at home can help seniors manage their condition better. A familiar surrounding is filled with memories which can be helpful for people with memory loss problems. It also helps establish a routine, thereby improving their cognitive condition and enhancing their quality of life.
We encourage seniors and individuals with dementia to continue doing their routines and establishing new ones. With regular visits from friends and family, they can maintain emotional and social connections and get the support that they need. Our professionals at Coast Family Home Care will care for you like family. Every individual deserves the best quality of care.