True to our name, we at Coast Family Home Care treat all our clients like family. We provide quality care and support to seniors and individuals living with dementia and Alzheimer’s in Guadalupe. With help from our dedicated caregivers, clients won’t have to leave the safety, familiarity and comfort of their homes just to get the best care they need. We come to your home and bring you quality care.
Here at our agency, we focus not only on providing high standards of care, but also on establishing understanding, relationships, companionship, emotional support, and social interaction. Our approach is client-centered. We provide what is best for each client.
We know very well the many challenges that come with caring for dementia clients. This is why we keep our care plan holistic, to make sure that all their needs are attended to, covering the many facets of their lives: cognitive, physical, emotional, social and behavioral. We take all things in consideration to ensure that they remain as safe, comfortable and secure as possible. That way, we keep the progression of their condition manageable.
Benefits to Having Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care in Guadalupe
Dementia and Alzheimer’s care include a wide range of benefits. The most important benefit of dementia care is that the client gets to receive a high standard of care in their home. Since people with dementia are prone to being disoriented, it is important that they remain in a familiar environment, surrounded by familiar people and getting to perform their usual habits. Home is where they feel safest and most comfortable.
The different benefits of dementia care include the following:
- Personal care and assistance with ADL (activities of daily living) such as errands, meal preparation, transportation, grooming, bathing, light housekeeping, and more.
- Emotional support, social interaction and engagement, and constant companionship.
- Constant assessment and monitoring of the symptoms and effects of dementia and Alzheimer’s as the condition progresses.
- Client-centered care specifically tailored to attend to and meet the unique needs and situation of each client.
- Maintenance of normal routines, healthy lifestyle and habits.
- Living and receiving care in a safe, comfortable and familiar environment.
- Engaging in various mental activities, cognitive and behavioral therapy to manage the mental decline and other effects of the condition.
- Respite care for family caregivers.
Established in 1840 and incorporated in 1946, Guadalupe is a small city in Santa Barbara County, located near the world-famous Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes in Central California Coast. It is easily accessible through California Highway 1 and the Pacific Coast Highway. It is located just 8 miles from Santa Maria. This friendly city is home to around 7,080 residents.
Do you live in Guadalupe or nearby? If you or your family do, and if you need quality dementia and Alzheimer’s care, contact Coast Family Home Care. We offer specialized and personalized dementia care at home for clients living in Guadalupe. Contact us anytime and our professional caregivers will be there in an instant.