Coast Family Home Care supports, assists and cares for people with Alzheimer’s or Dementia in the comfort of their home in Avila Beach. Our home care agency provides quality Alzheimer and Dementia Care at home to make sure that our clients get to receive care and support in a surrounding familiar to them. In this setting, you won’t have to transfer to a nursing home or care facility.
Dementia care not only helps the clients, but their families as well. This is especially important because Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive disorders require specific care and support. It affects not only the cognitive function of the individual, but their physical, social, emotional and behavioral well-being as well. This is why receiving high quality care is highly important.
We have a team of dedicated and compassionate caregivers who are specifically trained to care for individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Our care plan is tailored to the stage or severity of the condition, as well as the individual needs, demands and unique situation of each client.
Benefits of Alzheimer and Dementia Care in Avila Beach
There are plenty of benefits to Alzheimer and dementia care. This type of care provides comfort not only to the client, but also to their family and friends. Being in a familiar surrounding such as their home has a positive effect on the dementia patient’s memory, cognitive function and overall well-being. They are prone to anxiety, disorientation and other behavioral changes if they are transferred to an unfamiliar environment such as a care facility.
Aside from this, the other benefits of dementia care are as follows:
- Receiving care at home can slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s or dementia and aids them retain their memories better.
- Receiving daily support such as activities of daily living and personal care.
- Having a constant companion whom they can socialize and interact with.
- Improving their self-confidence and sense of independence.
- Being able to maintain and establish a familiar routine which can have a positive impact on their cognitive function.
- Being constantly monitored and assessed to make sure that the symptoms are alleviated.
- Preventing self-injury, accident, fall and other risks.
- Receiving help with dealing with their memory loss, anxiety, agitation, and other cognitive and behavioral changes caused by dementia.
- Engaging in various activities that stimulate cognitive function and social engagement.
About Avila Beach
Avila Beach is an unincorporated community in San Luis Obispo County, California. Situated on San Luis Obispo Bay, it is 160 miles away from Los Angeles and 200 miles away from San Francisco. Points of interest in Avila Beach include recreational fishing in its three piers, whale watching, and visiting the Diablo Canyon Power Plant.
Dementia patients in Avila Beach won’t have to move to a nursing home to get quality dementia care. Coast Family Home Care provides compassionate and exceptional Alzheimer and dementia care in the safety and familiarity of their homes. If you or your loved ones need dementia care, feel free to reach us out.